19/11/2015 10:50 pm  

Ian,

The club members obviously see all the main page - that is:

Club Membership.
Members Area.
Technical Info.
General Area.
Staff Room.

So why can't the non members see it also?

If they could see the main page complete (except staff area) and ONLY be able to open the General area (as existing) I'm sure it would give them more incentive to join as they could see there is more to the club than just the General area.
And we would not get so much unrelated threads in this area.

If they tried to open any other area other than The General they would get a notice "Club Members Only"

This is the technique for new members other forums use.

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.

Tom Evans
(@tom-evans)
Reputable Member Customer
28/11/2015 11:07 am  

So what your saying is let them know there is more to the forum by seeing the other buttons but when they try to open one they get the message "members only" can this message also say how to become a member?

ReplyQuote
Chas
 Chas
(@chas)
Member Moderator
28/11/2015 3:19 pm  

So what your saying is let them know there is more to the forum by seeing the other buttons but when they try to open one they get the message "members only" can this message also say how to become a member?

Tom,
That's exactly what I'm saying.
'Join the club' section already shows to non club members.

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.

ReplyQuote
Ian Till
(@ian-till)
Member Admin
28/11/2015 6:40 pm  

Hmmm, I have no objection, although I don't know how it would be set up strainghtforwardly outside of vBulletin. Happy to look into it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Chas
 Chas
(@chas)
Member Moderator
30/11/2015 8:42 am  

Hmmm, I have no objection, although I don't know how it would be set up strainghtforwardly outside of vBulletin.  Happy to look into it. 🙂

Thanks Ian.

Regards.
Chas.

ReplyQuote
Chas
 Chas
(@chas)
Member Moderator
19/01/2016 8:53 am  

Ian,
Any news on the non members view of forum full first page?

Regards.
Chas.

ReplyQuote
Share: