[Sticky] Spares co-ordinator-Flute News  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

DRL
 DRL
(@drl)
Estimable Member Customer
08/11/2015 2:39 pm  

Have to say I was a little surprised also regarding this issue. Not such a major issue for me personally with the 20/60 as I know the club have zero spares for this model and I get good advise from John, the model mentor, and here on-line. Never the less lets hope that the issue can be resolved for the sake of all the owners of later models.

ReplyQuote
Chas
 Chas
(@chas)
Member Moderator
25/03/2016 1:34 pm  

And the saga continues.

Just goes to show.
The club and the forum are two different entities.

Have been trying to get answers to parts request that started a few months ago for the private collector who's cars I work on.
Made the requests on his behalf (using correct form), but first answer was that I did not own the cars the parts were for.
So got the owner to mail the club and confirm the ownership, plus he also sent a parts request. Nothing to date!

Has the parts department stopped operating?
I know the old boy was wanting to get out of it, but we have not been informed as to what is actually happening.

No forum visits from any committee members since 14/12/15 (that was the membership secretary) and he has only spent 13 minutes on the forum (with no posts) since 22/4/14, so I guess he's not really interested in what's going on.
It's not as if the committee guy's have not got time on their hands.

Get the feeling that the Club are still ignoring the fact that the forum exists.

Think I will send a mail to Barry Harvey, as he is the head honcho.....................................You never know!

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.

ReplyQuote
DRL
 DRL
(@drl)
Estimable Member Customer
25/03/2016 4:44 pm  

I feel your frustration! My understanding was that John Novell came back, not sure he ever departed, to administrate the club spares scheme. Also I believe that he and a few other committee members would be on holiday this month for several weeks. Therefore it was decided that the spares service would be closed for about one month, or slightly less.
Personally I keep my club membership going for one reason only and that is the 20/60 mentor, John Mullen. He has for the past six years been so helpful in my quest to keep my car on the road. Sound honest and invaluable help, top bloke.

ReplyQuote
Chas
 Chas
(@chas)
Member Moderator
26/04/2016 9:11 pm  

I feel your frustration! My understanding was that John Novell came back, not sure he ever departed, to administrate the club spares scheme. Also I believe that he and a few other committee members would be on holiday this month for several weeks. Therefore it was decided that the spares service would be closed for about one month, or slightly less.
Personally I keep my club membership going for one reason only and that is the 20/60 mentor, John Mullen. He has for the past six years been so helpful in my quest to keep my car on the road. Sound honest and invaluable help, top bloke.

Well, sent BH a mail but have not had a reply to date - must be on holiday still.
To be honest, I did not expect one.

Oh well, there you go.
We'll just continue with our 'non clique' deliberations on the forum.

Here's a good example of 'them and us'.
A friend of mine went to the heritage centre do recently and was very disappointed in the welcome.
Apparently he was trying to get into the conversation with group on 20/60s and was ignored.
He said that because he's soft spoken, it was the person with the loudest voice that got to dominate the conversation.
He finally left after taking a few photo's of various cars (and got dirty looks in doing so) and came to the conclusion that most of the people there had their head up their backsides. He's is not a swearing man, and he didn't say backside!

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: