Notifications
Clear all

Forum back again?  

RSS

Chris Knapman
(@chris-knapman)
Member Admin
22/06/2020 9:53 am  

It looks as though we may be up & running again shortly. There is some more 'tweaking' to be done so keep watching!

Bish
 Bish
(@bish)
Estimable Member Customer
23/06/2020 6:44 pm  

Hi Chris,

Well done on your mamoth task. I think maybe I am the first member to find the Forum and not easy. Passwords are massive so no hackers hear! and I gave up on trying to replace my Avatar. Is it Possable to email members so they can find you as I fear not many will persevere.

Regards, Les

ReplyQuote
DaveD
(@daved)
Member Moderator
24/06/2020 6:53 pm  

To coin a phrase which is much in use at the current time, "Things will never be the same again !!"

DaveD

ReplyQuote
Mike Swanton
(@mike-swanton)
Reputable Member Customer
26/06/2020 6:39 am  

Thanks to @bish I have found my way back. That was quite a trial.

As you say @daved we are moving with the times.

ReplyQuote
DaveD
(@daved)
Member Moderator
26/06/2020 9:36 am  

Mike, as I am a fully paid up member of "The Society of Old Dinosaurs," I tend to abide by one of the society's golden rules which says "If it aint broke, don't fix it !!"    Along the same lines, and this is probably an age thing, "There is many a good tune played on an old fiddle."

Just off now to get the accumulator battery charged for my wireless.

DaveD

ReplyQuote
admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
26/06/2020 10:50 am  

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the feedback. The forum, as well as the website, has been kindly created by my wife who is a graphic designer. She design many website but not many people require forum her experience here is limited. I have also called a favour in on a friend who is in IT. We have moved over to this systems as the old site was hosted kindly by Ian Till and one of his colleagues who not longer wanted to do so.

It was very trick to transfer the old forum over and at one stage we though we would not be able to. Luckily we have managed it and retain all the brilliant insightful content that has accumulated over the years.

The result though is that the forum is not quite there and we are experiencing 'teething' problems.

There is an advert that will go out in August Flutenews to advise members of the new website, facebook page and forum.

Unfortunately the stronger password is a require from the new host in order to filter out hackers. It requires you to have:

• At least 8 characters—the more characters, the better.
  • A mixture of both uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • A mixture of letters and numbers.
  • Inclusion of at least one special character, e.g., ! @ # ? ] Note: do not use < or > in your password, as both can cause problems in Web browsers.

Please bear with us - but we are looking for some with forum members with technical expertise to help moderate the site going forward and keep it running. 

Dave C

Events Co-ordinator

ReplyQuote
Bish
 Bish
(@bish)
Estimable Member Customer
28/06/2020 3:30 pm  

Thanks Dave C. (admin) for informing us, which answers many questions I highlighted in my post to you and releived that our members will be informed in the next Flute News letter about the new site. Thanks for all your work entailed in resurrecting a popular and informative site that many members including myself have relied on in the past to keep our classics running efficiently.

Regards, Les

ReplyQuote
Share: