Notifications
Clear all

Spark plugs  

RSS

Stewart Magee
(@stewart-magee)
Eminent Member Customer
23/06/2020 9:31 pm  

Hi folks.   I've just completed the re installation of my J14 six cylinder after the minor seizure and rebuild.   All good.  But I want to replace the spark plugs to ensure future reliability.  Is there a modern recommended spark plug for this engine available?

The workshop manual quotes an AC K7V plug, which I'm sure won't be recognised by my local auto supplier.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,    Stewart Magee.

Stewart Magee
(@stewart-magee)
Eminent Member Customer
24/06/2020 7:49 pm  

No replies as yet, only a notice "awaiting moderation" whatever that means.

Can someone explain.

I only want info on which spark plug to use !!!!!

Thanks    Stewart Magee

ReplyQuote
Stewart Magee
(@stewart-magee)
Eminent Member Customer
24/06/2020 7:50 pm  

Help !!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Bish
 Bish
(@bish)
Estimable Member Customer
25/06/2020 12:41 pm  

Hi Stewart,

Maybe a search on Google to find a capatable match, try this Link  https://www.driven2automotive.com/blog/how-do-i-find-out-which-spark-plugs-fit-my-vehicle-list-of-spark-plug-finder-links/

Les

ReplyQuote
Bish
 Bish
(@bish)
Estimable Member Customer
25/06/2020 3:01 pm  

Hi Stewart,

I enjoy looking for parts and had another search for your spark plugs, a part number would help but I did locate some AC Delco plugs on ebay, but unfortunately a part number is listed. Maybe you could contact the seller on this link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-7-Genuine-AC-Delco-Vauxhall-Spark-Plugs-Part-Number-91143776/233384103409?hash=item3656c6cdf1:g:R3kAAOSwSgFdtwXP and find out if there suitable.

Best of luck, regards Les

ReplyQuote
Stewart Magee
(@stewart-magee)
Eminent Member Customer
25/06/2020 6:52 pm  

Thank you Bish.  It's good to get a reply. Was starting to wonder if I was the only member of this forum.🤓

ReplyQuote
Chas
 Chas
(@chas)
Member Moderator
26/06/2020 9:15 pm  

Stewart,

I have only just logged into this new profile forum, it would not accept my old password.

I did ahve a list of plugs in the mechanical section but it's dissapeared.

The best plugs to use are Champion J8.

You might need to increase the gap to 0.035" (35 thou) depending on your temperature range.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just found it after a heavy search.

Hope it helps.

Spark plugs suitble for the Vauxhall 3/8" reach.

Warm/Hot Heat Range:
AC - M47.
AUTOLITE - A7, A7X.
BOSCH - W125T1.
NGK BP4

Medium Heat Range:
CHAMPION - J8
NGK - B65
AC - C45, C45W, 45COM.
AUTOLITE - A7, A7X, AN7.
BOSCH - W145T3, W175T4.
KLG - TSF50
LODGE - CAN.

Medium/Cold Heat Range:
CHAMPION - UJ8, J7.
AC - VF9, C44, 44-5COM.
AUTOLITE - 4S140, AT6.
BOSCH - W175T3.

I personally have found the AC VF9 and the KLG TSF50 to be the most veratile heat range plugs, but I'm afraid finding them is difficult.
Champion J8 or NGK BP4. will basically cover both depending on your heat range.

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Chas

Regards.
Chas.

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. A optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.

ReplyQuote
Stewart Magee
(@stewart-magee)
Eminent Member Customer
27/06/2020 4:53 pm  

Hi Chas. Great to see you back on the forum. Chris Knapman called me today to apologise for the delay in getting an answer to my query and explained the current problems With the forum. He also gave me some numbers for recommended plugs. He called me back a short time later to say that you had posted a reply with similar recommendations. Thank you for that.  It goes to show how important this forum is as a quick means of gaining information for problems we may encounter with our old Vauxhall’s.

Thanks again,   Stewart Magee.

ReplyQuote
Share: